Available on Scale and Enterprise plans.
Adding your customers into Productboard allows you to identify feedback they've submitted, surface feature ideas they've requested, and create custom roadmaps filtered for the features they care about most. Adding custom fields for those customers allows you to define segments, which are in turn used to sort and filter features.
In this article:
- How to configure your Salesforce integration
- How to filter which companies to import into Productboard
- How to link your Salesforce attributes to custom fields
- How to refresh your Salesforce data
How to configure your Salesforce integration
Note: You'll need to be a System Administrator to follow the steps below.
- Click the avatar in the bottom left corner to access your main menu. Click Integrations.
- Scroll to the CRMs section.
- Click on the + button to add a Salesforce integration.
- In a separate tab, open your Salesforce Setup page. In the left-hand menu under the Platform-tools section, open the Apps section and click on App Manager.
- Click on New Connected App.
- Give a name to your integration in the Connected App Name field.
- Enter a Contact Email.
- Check the box next to Enable OAuth Settings.
- Insert the following URL into Callback URL: https://app.productboard.com/gw/prioritization/salesforce/v1/auth/oauth2/callback
- In Selected OAuth Scopes, add the following scopes: Access and manage your data (api), Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access).
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click Save.
- Wait 10 minutes for these changes to go through before moving on. ⏰
- In the Connected App view, under API (Enable OAuth Settings), copy your Consumer Key. In your Productboard tab, paste your Consumer Key.
- Find your Consumer Secret. Click to reveal, then copy the key. In your Productboard tab, paste your Consumer Key.
- Click Save and authorize. A new window will appear, letting you know that your integration was authenticated.
Note: Seeing an "OAUTH_APP_ACCESS_DENIED" error message? See our troubleshooting instructions here.
How to import some or all of your companies into Productboard
- You will now see a new section called Accounts to import. If you wish to filter which Salesforce accounts are imported into your Productboard account, click Filter accounts to import.
Note: When using a multipicklist field type to filter your accounts, you are only able to use the "is", "is not" or "has any value" operators.
- If you wish to import all Salesforce accounts, click Import all accounts.
- Click Save filters to begin importing your accounts data into Productboard. Please note that the larger the number of accounts you are importing, the longer it will take to finalize the import.
- Double check the number of accounts you have set to import. Does this number look correct? If not, adjust your filters.
- Productboard will automatically merge duplicate companies during the import. If you manually merge duplicate companies together, Productboard will remember this merge the next time you re-import companies.
How to filter which attributes to import into Productboard
Whether you're creating dynamic customer segments or learning useful business context, use filters to import only the Salesforce attributes which matter most to your team.
- We'll automatically suggest a few commonly-used Salesforce traits. However, if you don't want to import a suggested trait, simply hover over it and click the red X which appears.
- Click Add attribute to search for a Salesforce attribute.
- Click Save attributes to sync your changes.
How to link your Salesforce attributes to custom fields
- Scroll down to Your custom fields.
- Click Customize company fields. (You can also reach this page via Settings > Additional data fields > Company fields > Customize.)
- Click + Add Custom Field.
- On the left side, click Select data origin. Underneath the subsection From Salesforce, select the attribute you wish to map to a custom field.
- On the right side, write the name you wish to use for this attribute in Productboard.
- Continue adding custom fields at any time.
- Click Save.
Now that you’ve finished creating your custom company fields and filling them in via our Salesforce integration, it’s time to add them to a company segment.
How to refresh your Salesforce data
Data from Salesforce must be manually re-synced to Productboard.
In your Integrations settings, scroll down to Update accounts import and click Update now to refresh your accounts data.
- Navigate to the Salesforce integration set up and under Update import click on the, click on Done.
- Click on Update now.