When pushing a feature or subfeature into Jira, you can link it to an existing issue in Jira. If you accidentally push a feature to the wrong Jira issue, you can unlink it from your Jira issue. This removes the Productboard URL and allows you to relink that Jira issue to a different Productboard feature or subfeature.
In this article:
- Linking a Productboard feature to an existing issue in Jira
- Unlinking a feature or a subfeature from a Jira issue
Linking a Productboard feature to an existing issue in Jira
Linking a Productboard feature to an existing issue in Jira addresses the situation when you already have an existing issue in Jira that you would like to connect to your existing features and subfeatures in Productboard. You can find the Jira feature to link to by inserting the issue URL, and issue ID or using JQL queries.
- To link a Productboard feature to an existing Jira issue, click the Link to Existing tab.
- Enter the Jira issue ID or use JQL to search for the existing issue.
- Select the existing Jira issue you’d like to link to and click the Link button.
- If you’d like Productboard feature data to override the existing Jira issue data, click the Keep Productboard data button and then click the Link button.
- Alternatively, if you’d like the existing Jira issue data to override the Productboard feature data, click the Accept Jira data button and then click the Link button.
Unlinking a feature or a subfeature from a Jira issue
No longer wish to link a Productboard feature or subfeature to a Jira issue? Accidentally push a feature to the wrong Jira issue? You can unlink your Jira issue, which removes the Productboard URL and allows you to relink that Jira issue to a different Productboard feature or subfeature:
- Click on the Productboard feature to open the feature description window.
- Scroll down to the Jira integration field.
- Click the broken link icon to unlink the feature from the Jira issue.
school Productboard Academy Webinar
Learn best practices for setting up your Jira integration in our on-demand webinar. A member of Team Productboard will explain key concepts, share tips, and answer all your questions so you feel prepared to hit the ground running.
Note: Webinars are available for trial users and paid customers only.
school Productboard Academy Course
Take a look at our quick tip academy course on safely activating the JIRA Integration. You can safely turn it on and configure it however you like before information starts flowing back and forth. Here's a video walkthrough if you don't believe us.