Reports provide built-in dashboards that help you better understand how your product team is operating. With Reports, you get an overview of where your team spends the most time, so you know what to focus your efforts on as a team.
Using Reports, your company can become more customer-centric, prioritize what's most important for your customers and increase alignment among teams.
In this article:
- Accessing Reports in your Productboard workspace
- Enabling reports for makers
- Navigating through the reporting menus
Accessing Reports in your Productboard workspace
To access all reporting menus, in Productboard, click on the Reports icon () in the sidebar:
From here, you can access the following reporting menus:
- Overview - Adoption at glance ()
- Insights - Notes and feedback ()
- Prioritization - Feature status ()
- Roadmaps - Visitors and visits ()
You'll learn more about what you can find under each menu in the sections that follow.
Enabling reports for makers
Reports are enabled by default for makers with admin access, but you can also give Reports access to makers.
To enable reports for makers:
- In Productboard, click the avatar on the bottom left. Then click on Settings:
- Under Features for bigger teams, toggle on Enable Reports for other makers:
Navigating through the reporting menus
Each reporting menu comes with a description under the title and a built-in dashboard.
On the dashboards, you can see the definition for each data point by hovering your mouse over the Info icon ():
For every built-in dashboard, you can also select a time range:
Note: Currently, you can't select a time range for the Prioritization dashboard.
Below, we'll dive into each menu in more detail:
- Exploring the Overview menu
- Exploring the Insights menu
- Exploring the Prioritization menu
- Exploring the Roadmap menu
Exploring the Overview menu
Under Overview, you'll find a high-level overview of adoption data. The data presented here will help you to:
- understand the overall Productboard adoption over time.
- manage and allocate your maker seats.
- understand which members' roles need help to use Productboard.
On the Active members' graph, you can click on the cog icon () to visualize the exact number or percentage of Active members:
Exploring the Insights menu
Under Insights, you'll find data on how your organization is working with feedback. The data presented here can help you to:
- understand if your team is actioning on the feedback.
- understand what is the feedback source.
- understand each maker's activity related to working with feedback.
On the bar chart, you can click on the cog icon () to select the feedback source you'd like to see:
Exploring the Prioritization menu
Under Prioritization, you have an overview of how your team uses the product hierarchy and statuses.
On the bar chart, you can click on the cog icon () to select the statuses you'd like to visualize:
Exploring the Roadmaps menu
Under Roadmaps, you'll find data on how your stakeholders are using the roadmaps. The data presented here can help you to:
- understand if stakeholders are visiting roadmaps to drive alignment
- understand who are the top visitors and the top-visited roadmaps
You can click on the cog icon () to switch between the absolute number or percentage on the line graph:
What date ranges can you use in Reports?
- The available data starts on March 1st, 2021. Currently, it's not possible to look at the data beyond this date.
Will you evolve Reports and add new data points?
- Not at this time. Please let us know what kinds of data points would be useful for you in our Portal.