As your company uses Microsoft Teams to collaborate on projects or initiatives, you'll often encounter invaluable product feedback.
At Productboard, we want to ensure that you have a mechanism for housing this in a system-of-record. This enables you to record, categorize and leverage feedback for feature or roadmap prioritization.
By integrating Microsoft Teams and Productboard, you'll unlock the ability to:
- Push Microsoft Teams messages into Productboard as notes
- Receive Teams notifications when a note has been processed
- Track the status of your pushed notes through our notes overview tab
In this article:
- How to enable the integration
- How to push messages from Microsoft Teams into Productboard
- How to track the status of your pushed notes
- What types of messages can be pushed to Productboard from Microsoft Teams?
- Known issues
How to enable the integration
- Go to the Microsoft Teams Marketplace and search for "Productboard" or click this link.
- Click on Install.
- Sign into your Productboard space.
How to push messages from Microsoft Teams into Productboard
- Hover over a message.
- Select More actions [...].
- Select Push to Productboard.
- (Optional) Provide additional comments to the note.
- Select the Productboard space to which the note will be pushed.
You will receive a bot message indicating that the note has been successfully pushed to Productboard. Select Open in Productboard to open the note in your Insights board.
How to track the status of your pushed notes
- Select the Productboard tab from the left sidebar.
- Within the Productboard tab, select My notes from the top navigation bar.
- If you have pushed notes, you will see them chronologically ordered. You will also see their associated status (processed/unprocessed).
What types of messages can be pushed to Productboard from Microsoft Teams?
You can push all plain text messages from private channels, team channels or chats.
Each note only records a single message. Therefore, if you wish to push multiple notes from the same thread, you will need to push each note separately. Each of the pushed messages will be recorded as a separate note in Productboard, i.e. they will not be threaded together.
Depending on your SSO implementation, it can happen that the Microsoft Teams native application for Mac or Windows sometimes fails to authenticate a sign-in. If this happens, you'll get an error message similar to the below one:
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- On your browser of choice, log into Microsoft Teams.
- Authenticate the Productboard app. You can find it here.
By following these steps, you'll set up Productboard in the browser and the Microsoft Teams desktop apps.
Productboard is actively working with Microsoft to resolve this issue.