Welcome to Productboard! Your organization’s product team uses Productboard to figure out what to build next and share that roadmap with you. As a viewer in Productboard, you get to see what features product managers are creating and when they plan to deliver them by viewing roadmaps. In Productboard you can gather more context about features by viewing feature details and adding comments directly on a feature for quick feedback to your colleagues.
In this article
- What can a viewer do in Productboard?
- What does Productboard look like for a Viewer?
- Viewing features and leaving comments as a Viewer
- Viewing the Portal
What can a viewer do in Productboard?
As a viewer you can:
- View roadmaps that have been shared with you.
- View details about features appearing on roadmaps.
- Leave comments on features appearing on roadmaps.
- Review portals, if shared with you via public/private link.
What does Productboard look like for a viewer?
What you see when you log into your workspace for the first time will depend on whether any roadmaps have been shared with you.
If a maker hasn't yet shared any roadmaps with you, you'll see the following:
When a maker shares a roadmap with you, you will then see that roadmap.
Viewing features and leaving comments as a Viewer
As a viewer, you will be able to view the details of features on a roadmap and comment on these features.
To view a feature, click on the feature name on the roadmap, you will then see the Feature detail view which contains the key information you need to know about the feature such as the feature description and feature owner.
If you scroll down on the Feature detail view, you can find Fields and Comments.
- In the Fields section, you can view segments, drivers, tasks, teams, and any custom fields your team may have created, such as which product team is working on that feature and who is the Dev Lead.
- In the Comments section, you can view comments on features and add comments for quick feedback to your colleagues by "@" mentioning them.
Viewing the Portal
As a viewer, you can review company-wide Portals or Portals that are shared with you directly via a public/private link. Each card on a Portal represents a feature, and you can click on a card to add your own insights to that feature or view others' feedback. The Portal also allows you to submit your own brand new feature ideas to your product team for consideration.
To view the Portal, click the Portal () icon on the left-hand side of Productboard.