Available on the Scale and Enterprise plans
As the number of user insights flowing into Productboard increases, you'll need scalable systems to review and categorize them efficiently. Collections can help by grouping related notes on the Insights board so they can be efficiently triaged, processed, or retrieved at a later time. The end result is more user insights on hand to inform feature prioritization and design.
In this article:
How collections work
Collections act like smart folders that can be defined by a set of filters. Alternatively, think of them like saved views for your Insights board!
Some note collection examples:
- Critical recent feedback — Insight importance is critical and note creation date is from the last 30 days
- Customer segment - Segment is "EMEA Technology"
- Customer support — Note source is Intercom
- Portal feedback — Note source is Portal
- Recent feedback — Note date is from the last 7 days
- Customer success — Note owners include CSM A or CSM B or CSM C...
- Beta feature feedback — Notes tagged beta and owner is me
Note: When you apply multiple filters on your Insights board to define a collection, only notes that meet all filter criteria will be displayed.
How to create a collection
Makers and admins can create new collections. Contributors can access collections that have already been created.
1. On the Insights board, create a new collection with the [+] icon beside Collections.
2. Apply some filters to zero in on a set of notes.
You can now filter notes by title, content, status, processed by, created by, followed by, insight importance, user segment, and hierarchy. You can also filter for notes with no tag applied. Learn more about all the latest Insight board filters.
In the example below, we've applied a filter for the dynamic customer segment "Enterprise":
3. In the upper right, look for the Save button to update your collection to include these filters. (If you add additional filters later you'll also have the option of saving as a new view or discarding those changes to revert to the last saved view.)
4. Rename or delete a collection using the ••• menu beside its name. Here you can also toggle between keeping it private for you and sharing it with other members of your workspace.
How to add a collection to your favorites
- Hover over the collection you wish to add to favorites.
- Click the ••• menu on the right side.
- Select Add to favorites.
- You can now find the collection listed under the favorites menu.