When you invite colleagues to your workspace as new members, use roles to define what they can see and do. Roles can always be updated from the Members page but may affect how much you pay. (We'll notify you if so.)
In this article:
- Maker with admin access: Full edit rights on all boards + manage members, integrations, settings, and billing
- Maker: Full edit rights on all boards
For more information on the Maker admin and Maker role, see the article Getting started as a maker and maker admin in Productboard.
Contributors are colleagues who provide user insights and access product roadmaps, e.g. sales and support.
More info: plans & pricing
- Contributor: Colleagues who provide user insights and access product roadmaps, e.g., sales and support. For more information on the Contributor role, see the article Getting started as a contributor in Productboard.
- Viewer: View-only access is limited to the Roadmap. For more information on the Viewer role, see the article Getting started as a viewer in Productboard.
When in doubt, you can feel confident inviting new people into your Productboard workspace as viewers. You'll always be able to control what they can and cannot see in Productboard, and they won't be able to interact except to leave comments on features.
Note: The private link sharing option allows anyone with the link to access it. Compared to the Public sharing option, the private link prevents google web crawlers from indexing the page in google search results.
Granting access to a specific roadmap or saved board on the Features board
Every roadmap/saved board has three access options:
- Keep it private 🔒
- Share with individual users that you choose
- Grant access to a type of user based on their role
This means you might have an array of roadmaps with different types of audiences:
- A Mobile Roadmap that is accessible to users on the team "Mobile."
- A Roadmap that you've shared with Alice, Jeremy, and Inez
- A simplified Roadmap that is shared with all contributors and viewers
End users contributing insights and feature ideas via the Portal do not need a full Productboard account.