Enhanced formatting is now available for the description fields of notes, features, Portal cards, and the description field all other fields/column types. Basic markdown is supported as well.
In this article:
- Formatting toolbar
- Keyboard shortcuts for text formatting
- Inline images
- Full-screen text view
- Preserved formatting when you copy & paste
- Formatting in comments
- Restore previous version history
- Big headlines (h1)
- Smaller headlines (h2)
- Inline code
- Numbered list (with support for multiple levels)
- Bullet point list (with support for multiple levels)
- Horizontal dividing line
- Code block
Note: To change the level of the numbered/bulleted list, use Tab or Shift + Tab
Keyboard shortcuts for text formatting
- Big headlines h1: (command + option + 1 | control + alt + 1)
- Smaller headlines h2: (command + option + 2 | control + alt + 2)
- Bold: (command + B | control + B)
- Italics: (command + I | control + I)
- Underline: (command + U | control + U)
- Strike-through: (command + option + X | control + alt + X)
- Code block: (command + alt + shift + C | control + alt + shift + C)
- Inline code: (command + shift + C | control + shift + C)
- Hyperlink (command + K | control + K)
- Horizontal dividing line (--- enter)
- Quoteblock: (> space)
Copy & paste images or image URLs directly into description fields! 🌅
Full-screen text view
Click on the expand icon () at the top right corner of the text editor.
Preserved formatting when you copy & paste
Copying and pasting from the following apps will preserve the formatting in your Productboard description:
- MS Word
- MS Outlook
- MS OneNote
- Google Docs
- Dropbox Paper
- MacOS Mail
Sometimes markdown is still the fastest way to format. Other times, you want to copy/paste text with markdown syntax already applied. Either way, we've got you covered.
- Big headlines h1: #
- Smaller headlines h2: ##
- Bold: **boldword** or __boldword__
- Italic: *italicword* or _italicword_
- Strike-through: ~~strickenword~~
- Blockquote: >
- Horizontal line: ---
- Code block: `wrapped-with-back-ticks`
- Inline code: ```wrapped-with-three-back-ticks```
- Bullet point list item: -
- Numbered list item: 1.
- Hyperlinks: [Click here] (http://productboard.com)
See also: Markdown Cheatsheet
- Code blocks
- Inline HTML
- Embedded videos
Formatting in comments
While there is not yet a formatting toolbar available for authoring comments, you can use markdown.
One exception is horizontal divider lines --- which are not supported in comments.
Tip: Use shift + enter to linebreak in a comment.
Restore previous version history
NOTE: At this time, version history is only available for feature descriptions.
Whoops - did you lose some important work? If something goes wrong, it's easy to restore a previous version of your feature description.
- In the toolbar below your feature description, click the ⟲ icon to bring up your version history.
- Select the version history you wish to restore.
- Click Restore this version.
When you restore a timestamped version, it remains in its original position in your history timeline, while a duplicate version is created and timestamped "Now".
Note that Productboard will not save content from a 3rd party integration, e.g. Jira, as a timestamped change.
- Formatting is not yet supported in linked insights, as seen in a feature's details side pane.
- It is not yet possible to include inline images within highlighted insights.