This article provides you with the steps for embedding your Productboard Roadmap and/or your Productboard Portal into Salesforce Lightning. The finished result will provide you with a drop-down menu from your Salesforce homepage with links to a Portal and/or a Roadmap page.
In this article:
To set this up you need a Salesforce Developer account and the URL of the Productboard roadmap or portal you want to embed.
Embedding the Productboard roadmap and portal into Salesforce
To embed the Productboard roadmap and/or portal into Salesforce, follow these steps:
- Log into your Salesforce Home page, in the top right click the icon, and click Setup.
- On the left-hand menu, go to Custom Code and click VisualForce Pages.
- In the middle of the page, click the New button.
- Fill in the values Labels, Name, and Description with Portal/Roadmap.
In the Visualforce Markup, Copy the below code and paste it into the markup. Customizing it with your portal or roadmap URL from Productboard.
<apex:page standardController="Account" showheader="false" sidebar="false"> <apex:iframe src="https://roadmap.productboard.com/af7f0960-6b31-45d3-b0ab-0bcc49508d15" height="1000px" width="100%" scrolling="true"> </apex:iframe> </apex:page>
Make sure to preview this to ensure it works:
Now we will add the Portal / Roadmap to the Home page in Salesforce.
Go back to your home page by clicking the App Launcher in the top left and clicking Sales Console.
- Click the icon on the top right and then click Edit page.
- On the top left click on Pages > New page.
Clicking Confirm on the pop-up message
- On the Create a new Lightning Page box, select App page and click Next.
- Add a Label, for example, "Roadmap" or "Portal" and then click Next.
- Choose One Region and hit Finish.
- Click and drag the Visualforce component from the left menu and drop it where it says Add component(s) here
On the right-hand side, choose the VisualForce Page name you want to display - Portal or Roadmap and set the height to 1000.
Go back to the Salesforce Home page by clicking back in the top left corner.
The drop-down menu next to Home should now have A Portal and/or Roadmap option.
Article is closed for comments.