If you use Pivotal Tracker to track feature development, you’ll find it handy to integrate your Pivotal instance with Productboard. Your engineering team can continue managing their development pipeline in Pivotal while product managers enjoy the flexibility of Productboard for understanding user needs, prioritizing what to build next, and rallying everyone around the roadmap.
In this article:
- Summary of benefits
- Getting the Pivotal Tracker API key
- Setting up Pivotal Tracker integration
- Pushing Productboard features into Pivotal Tracker
- Entity mappings
- Deleting the integration
Summary of benefits
- Productboard's Pivotal Tracker integration allows you to push your Productboard features and subfeatures into Pivotal Tracker and get status changes back.
- Map Productboard feature to Pivotal Tracker epics and Productboard subfeatures to Pivotal Tracker stories.
- Use auto-generated links to quickly navigate from a Pivotal Tracker issue to a Productboard feature (or vice versa).
Getting the Pivotal Tracker API key
1. In Pivotal Tracker, in the upper right, click your name > Profile
2. Scroll all the way down and create a new API token, unless you have one already.
3. Copy the API token to your clipboard.
Setting up Pivotal Tracker integration
1. In Productboard, in the upper right, click your workspace name > Integrations.
2. Click Add new Pivotal Tracker integration.
3. Paste in the API Token.
4. Choose a Pivotal Tracker project into which you wish to push your features.
5. Click Enable.
Pushing Productboard features into Pivotal Tracker
1. On the Features board, click the Add columns button and select Tasks in the Configurations bar at the right.
2. Toggle on the Pivotal Tracker task column.
3. Find the feature you'd like to push to Pivotal Tracker and click Push in the Pivotal Tracker Task column.
At the time of push, you will be prompted to decide if you want to push your feature as Epic or Story. If you choose to map the feature to Pivotal Tracker Epics, the underlying Productboard subfeatures can be mapped to Pivotal Tracker Stories.
Deleting the integration
You can always deactivate the integration or delete the Pivotal Tracker task column.
It's not yet possible to import stories/epics from Pivotal Tracker into Productboard.
Should the owner of your Integrations change, contact us to reset your Integration permissions on our end with the new owner.
Article is closed for comments.