For users on a Pro, Scale, or Enterprise plan
Contributors play an important role in Productboard. By submitting ideas and user feedback, you're empowering product managers to make better prioritization decisions. How? By contributing insights you hear from users in the field, you're not just helping to determine what gets built – you're providing context that will determine how designers and developers build those features to address users' underlying needs.
In this article:
- Watch our 2 minute primer
- Get started with the Productboard extension for Chrome
- Watch our on-demand webinar
Watch our 2 minute primer
Have a look at this quick primer to get up to speed in under 2 minutes: 🎥 🍿
Get started with the Productboard extension for Chrome
With the Productboard extension for Chrome, you can capture interesting observations, requests, and feedback when you hear it, and send it to the product team for review.
Heads up! Anyone can download the Chrome extension, but you'll need to have the contributor or maker role in Productboard to use it - learn more about access roles here.
Here's how it works:
If you've already been invited to Productboard, you're ready to begin submitting valuable user insights!
- Install the Productboard extension on the Chrome Web Store.
- Verify that in (right click) Productboard extension settings > Options that your URL for your workspace is entered, preceded by https://
- Highlight text on any webpage (including web apps like Intercom), select the extension icon in your browser’s toolbar, and submit the insight.
- Select the extension icon without highlighting any text to write or paste user insights free-form.
- After entering the user who provided the feedback, see what features they've already requested, right in the extension.
- Add a tag to help categorize this user insight in Productboard.
- In the Productboard app, visit the Insights board to find the insights you and your teammates have submitted. Here your team can link insights you've submitted to related feature ideas. That way, your teammates on product, design, and engineering will be able to retrieve them when they're working on certain feature ideas.
- You can also @mention a colleague to start a discussion. If you assign a note you've created to another teammate, they'll be notified.
- The Chrome extension will not open on blank tabs.
Watch our on-demand webinar
Learn how to use productboard to contribute insights to your product team, follow feature ideas, and navigate your organization's roadmap. A member of Team Productboard will explain key concepts, share tips, and answer all your questions so you feel prepared to hit the ground running.
👉 Save your seat 👈