When working with Productboard and Jira, admins and editors can push a release into Jira. With the push of a button, Productboard can push an entire release into Jira, even syncing your releases to your fix versions if desired.
- Productboard release groups are mapped to Jira fix versions.
- If you have multiple release groups in Productboard, you can decide which one to map to Jira fix version in Productboard's Jira integration settings.
- When pushing a release into Jira you can decide whether to push just the release or push all features in the release as well.
- Clicking on the push button will push the release to Jira, but the “unpushed” state will remain. If the release already exists in the Jira the dialog will notify you about it.
- All releases within the same release group must have a unique name. Creating a release without a name will create a release called "Unnamed release".
Note: Please ensure the Fix Version checkbox is ticked in the Jira Integration settings on Productboard to push the release through.
school Productboard Academy Webinar
Learn best practices for setting up your Jira integration in our on-demand webinar. A member of Team Productboard will explain key concepts, share tips, and answer all your questions so you feel prepared to hit the ground running.
Note: Webinars are available for trial users and paid customers only.
school Productboard Academy Course
Take a look at our quick tip academy course on safely activating the JIRA Integration. You can safely turn it on and configure it however you like before information starts flowing back and forth. Here's a video walkthrough if you don't believe us.